Description The Municipality of Agistri, was established in 2010 by the recognition of Agistri community. It comprises Agistri and its nearby islets. The municipality was originally founded in 1835 and was annexed to the prefecture of Attica in 1899. In 1912 the municipality was abolished and an homonymous community was established, which was abolished in 2011, after it was recognized as a municipality. Agistri is a pine-covered island in Greece with a range of ​​11.7 square kilometers, a maximum altitude of 294 meters, with 1,142 inhabitants (2011 census). It belongs to the Prefecture of Piraeus and it is located in the heart of the Saronic Gulf. There are four villages on the island: Megalohori or Mylos, Skala (natural harbor where ferry boats from Piraeus / Aegina reach), Limenaria and Metohi.
Address  Megalochori, Agistri, PO 18010
Telephone  +30 2297091260
E-mail  kagistri@otenet.gr
Website  http://www.agistri-island.gr/dimos.php?l=gr&mode=mun_news_categ&type_id=1