Operating Instruments and responsibilities of the company
The Operating Instruments that direct and manage the affairs of the Company are:
- The General Assembly (GA)
- The Board of Directors
- The President
- The Vice-President
- The Administrator / Coordinator of the Local Program CLLD / LEADER
- The Local CLLD / LEADER Management Committee
- The Executive Director
The Company is managed by the General Assembly (GA) and the Board of Directors, which consists of 7 members, designated by the Company’s Articles of Association. The G.A of the shareholders is the supreme body of the Company and may decide on any matter concerning the Company, except those which, according to the Law or the Articles of the Association, are decided by the Board of Directors. Its decisions bind all shareholders, even those who are absent or disagree. The term of office of the members of the Board of Directors lasts for three years. The Board, after its election, is constituted in a body and elects among its members the President and the Vice-President. It also designates among its members an Administrator or appoints him by engaging him in an independent service relationship either from the market or from the Company’s executive staff. The Administrator may also be appointed as a member of the Board of Directors. The Operator’s responsibilities are determined by decision by the Board of Directors. In accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company he participates in the meetings of the Board of Directors without having the right to vote when it has not been determined by the members of the Board of Directors.
The Company is represented to any public, judicial or other authority and to third parties by the Board of Directors, which is entitled, by special decision, to assign the exercise of its rights in relation to the representation and management of the Company in one or more members or employees of the Company.
The Board of Directors may delegate all or some of its responsibilities, as well as the representation of the Company and its commitment by signing under the corporate name, to one or more persons, members of the Board of Directors.
According to the statute, the composition of the first Board of Directors, which was constituted in body and responsibilities were assigned to it, is the following:
President: Dimitris Mourtzis, Mayor of Aegina
Vice-President: George Koukoudakis, Mayor of Hydra
Executive Director: Stavros Platis
Manager of the Company: Marinos Beretsos, General Director of Regional Development Company of Parnonas S.A.
- Isidora Nanou – Papathanasiou, Mayor of Salamina
- Spyridon Karnezis, President of the Galatas Cultural Association “Friends of Tradition”
- Ioannis Dimitriadis, Mayor of Poros
The President of the Board of Directors is the legal representative of the Company. He supervises the management of the Company and represents it in court and out of court. He also monitors whether the actions of the Administrator / Coordinator and the Executive Director are in accordance with the relevant provisions and the Articles of Association. To this end, the Administrator / Coordinator and the Company’s Chief Executive Officer in every cooperation with the Chairman shall present the matters related to the course of the Company’s affairs.
For the management of the CLLD / LEADER program, the CLLD / LEADER Program Management Committee was set up to form the Decision-Making Level. The CLLD / LEADER Program Management Committee was established on the basis of the Company’s Articles of Association, with a view to the effective, autonomous and multilateral implementation of the CLLD / LEADER program and was first established in a body with the nomination of the President and its members.
According to the first constitution of the 9-member CLLD / LEADER, which was established by the filing of the Statute, its composition is as follows:
- Mr. Stratos Charchalakis, Mayor of Kythira, President
- Mr. Konstantinos Karagiannis, Mayor of Trizinia Methana, Vice-President
- Mr. Panagiotis Lyrakis, Mayor of Spetses, Member
- Mr. Ioannis Athanasiou, Mayor of Agistri, Member
- Mrs Despina Hatzinikolaou, representative of the Non-Profit Organization Hellenic Wildlife Care Center, Member
- Mr. Nikolaos Ant. Alyfanti, representative of the Rural Association of Aegina, Member
- Mr. Lysandros Tousmandov, representative of the Megalohori Landscape and Sports Association “ARSINOI”, Member
- Mr. George Kontoleon, representative of Kythira island Professionals Fishermen Association «MYRTIDIOTISSA”, Member
- Mr. Jason Orlando, representative of Spetses Commercial and Industrial Association, Member
Based on no.1/15-07-2016 meeting of the Board of Directors, all responsibilities were assigned to the Program Management Committee CLLD/LEADER.